ADDING-IN THE DATA ANALYSIS TOOLPACK TO EXCEL
Statistical analysis such as descriptive statistics and regression requires the Excel Data Analysis add-in.
The default configuration of Excel does not automatically support descriptive statistics and regression analysis.
You may need to add these to your computer (a once-only operation).
Excel 2007: The Data Analysis add-in should appear at right-end of Data menu as Data Analysis.
If not then
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- Click Add-Ins, and then in the Manage box, select Excel Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the Analysis ToolPack check box, and then click OK.
Tip If Analysis ToolPack is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse to locate it.
If you get prompted that the Analysis ToolPack is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- After you load the Analysis ToolPak, the Data Analysis command is available in the Analysis group on the Data tab.
- If you have trouble see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP100215691033.aspx:
Excel 2003: The Data Analysis add-in should appear in the Toools menu.
If not then
- On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
- In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to Analysis Toolpack, and then click OK.
Tip If Analysis Toolpack is not listed, click Browse to locate it.
- If you see a message that tells you the Analysis Toolpak is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
- Click Tools on the menu bar. When you load the Analysis Toolpak, the Data Analysis command is added to the Tools menu.
- If you have trouble see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP011277241033.aspx